EASL GRANT CRITERIA - APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be one of the following:
Visual artist pursuing a fine arts career as evidenced by a record of professional exhibition and evidenced of significant involvement in the North Texas arts community for a period of at least two years (vita or resume)
Visual arts professional of fine art as evidenced by a history of professional activity and evidenced of significant involvement in the North Texas arts community for a period of at least two years (vita or resume)
2. Must live in one or more of the following 10 counties for a minimum of two years: Collin, Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Parker, Johnson, Ellis, Kaufman, Wise, or Rockwall Counties. Proof of residency in one or more of these counties is required. (i.e. driver's license, voter registration, etc.)
3. Application is required to show verifiable documented financial need, with proof of financial status (i.e. Fed. Tax Return)
4. Current VITA or Resume of professional art activity to include a record of exhibitions and/or significant involvement in the North Texas area must be provided
5. References must be provided
6. All Grant Application questions must be answered completely
7. All Grant Application requested documentation and materials must be submitted with application in order for the application to be evaluated
The following people do not qualify for an EASL Grant
- Family members of applicants
- Artists in non-visual art field
If you, or... If you know an artist who is trying to cope with a desperate situation:
Click here to download the grant application.
Give your completed application and all supporting documentation to any EASL Steering Committee member, or mail your grant package to:
EASL Grant Application
P.O. Box 7895
Dallas, TX 75209
Or, you may scan (pdf-format) and EMAIL the application and supporting documents to:
EASL grant applications are handled with great care and treated as strictly confidential.
EASL (Emergency Artists' Support League) is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and all donations made directly to EASL are tax deductible. Further, all donations made to EASL's "Designated Fund" through Communities Foundation of Texas, Inc., a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3), are also tax deductible.
© 2015 EASL. All rights reserved.